poniedziałek, 5 września 2011

05.09.11

Jazz again.
I bet anyone who got a lick of the music also heard of the Big Bad Voodoo Daddy band. They mainly play swing and to be honest swing is the only jazz subgenre I like (as you can see, I'm very picky). I don't dabble in the bands' histories - all I really want to have is to listen to good music and to forward it to someone else so they can listen, too.
The second video is a classic of the big band golden era. And yes, it's Ben Goodman. Maybe I should be ashamed of posting something so obvious here, but I don't count on it that everyone who visits the blog listens to jazz music.
What really appeals to me in the genre is that is much more "intelligent" and "good-mannered" than popular music, provided we can apply such terms towards music. Small wonder if we consider the fact that jazz had its greatest peak of popularity some seventy years ago, when noone could use autotune in their songs and musicians were actually forced to compose music to achieve success. You know, it's quite like what that Cortez from the Longest Journey said about old movies which have much more sould that these produced currently.

Well, enough bullshitting for today, here they are:



9 komentarzy: